Thank you so much to Live The Frugal Life for the nomination for the Versatile Blogger award! I encourage everyone reading this to go subscribe to that blog immediately! 🙂
I started blogging back in late November 2018 so I could share my love of books. I never dreamed I’d have so much support from so many people!! I already have over 350 followers which blows my mind and I am super thankful for each and every one of you. It feels really good to know there are people out there just as interested in reading as I am and are interested in what I might have to say about the books I read! Thank you VERY much to all my current and future followers! YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME!! And I have to give a shout out to the blogging community on Twitter… I’ve found so many awesome bloggers there! I wouldn’t have the followers I have today without the awesome people I’ve met via Twitter.
Part of this award requests that I provide seven random facts about myself so you can get to know me better. Here they are:
Fact 1 – Grandchildren
I do not have any children of my own, but I do have 7 grandchildren with 2 more coming in later summer/early autumn. They are technically my step-grandchildren, but I love them as if they were my own flesh and blood.
Fact 2 – Cats
I love cats. I would easily be a crazy cat lady if my husband and local city ordinances would allow me to have more! When I got out of college and went out into life on my own I adopted two female cats from a shelter – Charlie and Pumpkin. Pumpkin passed away at age 15 in 2005 and Charlie passed in 2013 at age 21! Right before Charlie passed away I took in two stray kittens (sisters) that my daughter-in-law rescued. I named them Melanie and Katie Scarlett after the Gone With the Wind characters! They are 6-1/2 years old now and they make me smile every single day. My husband and I also take care of two feral cats that roam our neighborhood. We provide a warm place for them to sleep in the winter and make sure they have food and water available. They are both boys and we’ve named them Lion King and Ol’ Yeller. These feral boys know we help them but are still so afraid of humans. We’ve been helping them get through the past 3 winters and as long as they stick around we will keep helping them.
Fact 3 – Engineer
I have a degree in Civil Engineering and my professional license is in Environmental Engineering.
Fact 4 – Books
I am a book blogger so it should come as no surprise that I love to read books. I read 217 books in 2018! Last year was an exceptional year for me reading-wise. I typically read about 120-150 books and that is still a lot! I listen to audiobooks on my work commute and you will find me opening up the Kindle app on my phone to read books just about any moment I have available! So many books and so little time, right?!?!
Fact 5 – Travel
I have had some awesome opportunities to travel internationally, both personally and professionally. My personal travels have taken me to London and Paris. My work travel has taken me to Guam, Okinawa, Japan, Korea, and Italy. Every single trip, whether or work or pleasure, was an absolute joy for me.
Fact 6 – Music
I love all kinds of music – from classical to country to pop/rock. I’ve been to classical music concerts and I’ve been to pop/rock concerts. I wear out the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s, and 80s channels on Sirius radio! But at heart I am an 80s music gal. My teen years took place in the 1980s and that is such a formative time in one’s life. If Duran Duran, Men at Work, Devo, Def Leppard, or any number of other awesome 80s groups are playing anywhere I stop and listen! And I probably sing along because I’m pretty sure 80s song lyrics will be forever ingrained in my brain!
Fact 7 – Tudor History
I am a MASSIVE Tudor history nut. HUGE! I have read so many books on Henry VIII and his progeny that I probably should be teaching a college level course on the subject! When I went to London and stood by Elizabeth I’s tomb Westminster Abbey it was just surreal to me – to be that close to her (well, her remains) was an incredible experience. I first became interested in Tudor history when I was quite young. During a school assignment to trace our family tree I discovered that I was related to Sir Thomas More! From that point on I devoured everything Tudor and I still do!
Now it is my turn to nominate some folks for this award. This award is given to those passionate bloggers who would exchange their relaxing weekends with blog writing just to just provide you with quality content to read! It is to those are brave enough to share their insights of our world, share their painful experiences, share their joy of reading and to share their tips on how to make your life better. Here are the bloggers I believe deserve this award:
- Mani’s Book Corner at manisbookcornerblog.wordpress.com (Twitter @manisbookcorner)
- Katt’s Book Review at kattsbookcorner.home.blog (Twitter @KattBook)
- Nicoline Simone at Bookishstuff.org (Twitter @bookish_stuff)
- Vee at veereading.wordpress.com (Twitter @BookNerd4167)
- Reading Ladies at readingladies.com (Twitter @ReadingLadiesBC)
- Lindsey at aramblingreviewer.wordpress.com (Twitter @Lindzy92)
- Perpetually Past Due at perpetuallypastdue.com (Twitter @PerpetualPastDu)
- Melanin Lily at uwadis.com (Twitter @uwadisreads)
- Tasha Leigh at soeonetookit.wordpress.com (Twitter @someonetookit)
- Lauren Mai at thelaurenmai.wordpress.com (Twitter @thelaurenmai)
- Toya at thereadingchemist.com (Twitter @reading_chemist)
- Anna at theburstingbookshelf.wordpress.com (Twitter @thebbookshelf)
- Charlotte at charlottesomewhere.wordpress.com (Twitter @charlotteswhere)
- Ellie’s Little World at ellieslittleworld.com (Twitter @Elliesworldx)
- Ana & Zel at anaandzel.com (Twitter @anaandzel)
To all the nominees, please do the following:
- Write up a post about your Versatile Blogger award – it doesn’t have to be exactly like this one.
- Thank the person that nominated you and share a link to their blog.
- List 7 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other awesome bloggers and include their URLs.
Well, that’s it! Thanks for reading the random facts about me and thank you again to Live the Frugal Life for the nomination!