In late 2018 I decided to take a shot at creating a book review blog… and I did! My book reviews started out pretty short at first, but as I gained more confidence I think I have learned to how express my thoughts a little better and I have hopefully made my reviews more interesting and enjoyable to read. I’m shocked and grateful for all of my followers and readers. You guys are awesome!
I also decided to attempt to monetize my blog by becoming an Amazon Associate. This means that my posts will now contain links to the books I review and I will also be posting about other book related items (i.e., book-related home decor, mugs, totes, bookmarks, reading lights, etc.) that I think you’d be interested in. If you purchase a book or another item through these links I get a small percentage of the sale. You don’t pay anything extra – the item price is the same for you whether you use my commission links or not. But clicking through my links does provide me with a small percentage of the sale (i.e., books are currently 4 – 4.5% depending upon format). I’m not making a fortune doing this – I might be able to buy a cup of coffee if 10 of you buy items through my links! But it will be a cup of coffee I will enjoy and be thankful for! I’m grateful to those of you who have already used my commission links and I thank all the future users as well!
Now for some fun! Here are a few facts about me to help you get to know me better:
- I’m an insatiable reader! I’ve been reading an average of 150+ books per year… last year I read 217!
- I’m an Environmental Engineer and QA Manager by day, bookworm by night.
- I have two cats (almost 7 year old sisters) named Katie Scarlett and Melanie (after Gone With The Wind characters).
- I’ve been married almost 20 years.
- I have 3 stepsons, 6 living step-grandchildren, 1 deceased step-granddaughter, and 2 step-grandkids on the way! I never wanted kids of my own, but I sure love being Grammy to my step-grandchildren!
- I’ve lived in Missouri my whole life.
- I’ve traveled to England, France, Italy, Guam, Okinawa, Japan, and South Korea. Some trips for work and some for pleasure.
- I’m a huge 80s music fan!! Duran Duran is my favorite 80s band!
- My all-time favorite book is David Copperfield by Charles Dickens. Second place is probably A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith.
- I love audiobooks!
- I love the TV show The Office – both American and British versions. I rewatch them both frequently.
- I am major Flight of the Conchords fan! I saw them live in St. Louis at the Fabulous Fox Theatre about ten years ago and they were fantastic!
- I didn’t start drinking coffee until I was in my 40s.
- I stopped drinking soda in September 2017 and I don’t miss it.
- My favorite ice cream is any mix of chocolate and caramel.
Ok. I can’t think of anything else at the moment! If you have any questions or comments I’d love hear them!