Well, goodness sakes! This month was definitely one for the books! This COVID-19 pandemic has put everything into a tailspin! I’m sure most of you all are just like me and under a stay at home order of some kind. While I am designated as an essential worker due the type of government contracts I work on, I am fortunate enough to be able to do my work from home. I have only been out of my house twice since March 12 and both times were to get groceries. It is very surreal. As an introvert, staying at home really isn’t a big deal to me; however, knowing I can’t or shouldn’t go out puts a different spin on things for sure. I thought the one silver lining from this whole crazy thing would be that I would have more time to read, but strangely I haven’t read more… I’ve actually read a little less than normal. I think I keep trying to convince myself that I am not stressed about the whole situation, but in reality I guess I am. Not much usually keeps me from reading!
Now the details! Below you will find a summary of my March reading, upcoming books, and my reading stats so far this year.
Click on the links to read my full reviews.
Books Completed/Reviews Posted
- A Study in Scarlet by Stephanie Baudet (Adaptor), Arthur Conan Doyle ★★★★☆
- Please See Us by Caitlin Mullen ★★☆☆☆
- The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse by Charlie Mackesy ★★☆☆☆
- The Tale of Halcyon Crane by Wendy Webb ★★☆☆☆
- Unfollow Me by Charlotte Duckworth ★★★☆☆
- One Perfect Summer by Brenda Novak ★★☆☆☆
- The Scholar by Dervla McTiernan ★★★★★
- A Forgotten Murder by Jude Deveraux ★★★☆☆
Finished Reading in March (reviews to be posted in April)
- Verity by Colleen Hoover
- Hubris Falls by Matthew S. Hiley (ARC – I still haven’t gotten back to this one)
- Ten Days Gone by Beverly Long (ARC – it isn’t getting my attention, but I haven’t give up on this one yet)
- Small Spaces by Katherine Arden (ARC)
Up Next in my Reading Queue
- Help Wanted, Must Love Books by Janet Summer Johnson (ARC)
- Been There, Married That by Gigi Levangie (ARC)
- Intermediate Thermodynamics by Susannah Nix (personal choice)
- GodPretty in the Tobacco Field by Kim Michele Richardson (personal choice)
- Jackaby by William Ritter (personal choice)
- Lanny by Max Porter (personal choice)
As of March 31, 2020, I have read 31 of the 104 books I challenged myself to read this year. According to Goodreads, I am 6 books ahead of schedule… which means I am definitely off pace a bit since I was 8 books ahead in February!
That’s it for March! I pray that everyone stays healthy and that we are all back to business as usual very soon!
HAPPY READING and THANKS FOR FOLLOWING ME!