Primary Genre(s): Children’s Fiction, Picture Book
Published: 19 May 2019 by Rodney K Press
Page count: 38
My Format: eBook I own
Would I recommend it: Yes
Commission Link: Buy Cami Kangaroo Has Too Much Stuff
My rating: ★★★★☆
Cami loves stuff! Rocks, shells, feathers, toys…she loves it all. Stuff is great for collecting, sorting and building. There’s only one problem: her room is so FILLED with stuff it’s nearly impossible to find anything!
About a month ago I reviewed Cami Kangaroo Has Too Many Sweets. I enjoyed that book so I thought I would try another one in the series. Here are my pros and cons for Cami Kangaroo Has Too Much Stuff:
- Cute illustrations by Rebecca Sinclair. Kids will enjoy looking at all the stuff in Cami’s messy room.
- I imagine most kids have been frustrated with the “clean your room” chore and they will definitely relate to Cami.
- Cami is easily distracted while trying to clean her room. She keeps wanting to play with the stuff she finds!
- I thought it was really great that Cami’s Dad ended up helping her clean her room, rather than get upset that she wasn’t getting it done herself. Her Dad used it as a teaching moment to help Cami take care of the mess by putting away one thing at a time.
- Like Cami Kangaroo Has Too Many Sweets, there is a cute ending! In the first book, Cami’s Dad and brother get caught sneaking treats, just like Cami was doing. In this book, Cami’s Dad trips over some tools in his garage and realizes he needs to tidy up his space, too!!
- At the very end of the book there is some advice from real parents on how to help your child keep their room organized.
- I feel like there was a disconnect between the title and the story. Cami didn’t necessarily have too much stuff… she just didn’t have her stuff neatly put away. There was no discussion of her getting rid of things or donating to other children or anything of that nature. She just had a messy room.
This is a cute book that might just help your child keep their room tidier. Then again, probably not… haha! But it is still a cute book and I think kids will enjoy it.
If you would like to read this book and form your own opinion, please consider purchasing through this link: Buy Cami Kangaroo Has Too Much Stuff. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thanks!
Click here for a description of my rating scale.
(image from Goodreads)