Primary Genre(s): Children’s Book, Nonfiction
Published: 1 April 2001 by Arcturus Publishing
Page count: 130
My Format: eBook via NetGalley
Do I Recommend: Yes
Commission Link (U.S.): Buy Cat Tales
My rating: ★★★★★
Cats may love snoozing in sunny spots, but our furry friends are capable of so much more! In this beautifully illustrated full-color collection, you’ll discover the incredible true stories of talented, brave, and clever kitties whose exploits have made them world-famous.
This heart-warming book includes over 40 cat stories, from ancient Egyptian kitties to internet sensations Grumpy Cat and Bob the Streetcat. These tales are bought to life by remarkable full-color illustrations by Isabel Muñoz.
I love cats! Here are my pros and cons for Cat Tales:
- This book is filled with uplifting, hair-raising, and almost unbelievable stories about cats.
- Each cat story (40 total) is only a couple of pages long, so you can read several at once, or maybe just one or two as a bedtime treat for children.
- There are stories about famous cats, historical cats, cats with jobs, hero cats, and anonymous cats that did something awesome. You are probably aware of some cats (like Grumpy Cat) but I guarantee you haven’t heard about most of these awesome cats before. You will learn something!
- Some of the stories might actually bring a tear to your eye. I may or may not have gotten emotional once or twice… I’ll never tell! 😊
- The images by Isabel Muñoz are delightful.
- There is a section in the book about proper kitten and cat care as well as a section recommending additional reading if you want to learn more about some of the cats in the book.
- This book is written for children ages 8 to 12 years old, but honestly, cat lovers of any age would enjoy this book.
If you or someone you know loves cats, then this would be a great gift book for them! It is fun to read and you will learn something as well! You should really grab a copy today!
Thank you to NetGalley and Arcturus Publishing for an eARC of this book, which I have reviewed honestly and voluntarily.
If you would like to read this book and form your own opinion, please consider purchasing through this link: Buy Cat Tales. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thanks!
Click here for a description of my rating scale.