Primary Genre(s): Children’s Picture Book
Published: 7 August 2020
Page count: 18
My Format: ebook I own
Do I Recommend: Yes
Commission Link: Buy Buffy & Sissy Go to Italy
My rating: ★★★★★
Do you love family travel? Join the traveling kittens on their trip to Italy, filled with beautiful sights and tons of fun with Buffy and Sissy.
I’m a sucker for kittens so I just had to read this book, right? Here are my pros and cons for Buffy & Sissy Go to Italy:
- Adorable kittens having fun in Italy… what’s not to like?
- Illustrations by Pardeep Mehra are vivid and fun.
- This was a great introduction to Italy. Readers will be introduced to Italian places (Florence, Rome, Pisa), food (gelato, prosciutto, spaghetti, panna cotta), historical points of interest (Pont Vecchio, Leaning Tower of Pisa, Colosseum, Trevi Fountain), and words (ciao bella, nonna).
- The book is recommended for children ages 3 to 8 and I think the information presented is clear and understandable for that age group.
- I loved that the book ended with the kittens discussing what they learned on their trip.
This book is a must read if you happen to be planning a trip to Italy with young children. But just in case Italy isn’t in your future plans, it is still great for simply introducing children to other countries and cultures. It is also an adorable book for kids that love kittens!
It appears this book is the beginning of a series of traveling kitten books, so we have more to look forward to in the future.
If you would like to read this book and form your own opinion, please consider purchasing through this link: Buy Buffy & Sissy Go to Italy. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thanks!
Click here for a description of my rating scale.
(image from Goodreads)