Primary Genre(s): Children’s Picture Book
Published: 11 March 202 by Suteki Creative
Page count: 40 (varies by format/edition)
My Format: eBook I own
Would I recommend it: ABSOLUTELY YES!
Commission Link: Buy This Book Is Alive!
My rating: ★★★★★
Of course all books are alive. Why would you ever think otherwise?
And this book would be honored to be invited into your home, be grateful for your hospitality, and truly treasure your companionship.
After all, the one thing all books have in common (besides being alive) is that they want to be opened, read, considered—all the better if they’re also loved, respected, or even recommended.
And if this book manages to brighten your day, make you smile, or remind you how great it is just to be alive—and reading—well then, you might become this book’s most favorite reader of all.
This book was offered free on Amazon several weeks ago, so I decided to download it and give it a shot. Let me tell you right away that this book surprised me tremedously. Here are my pros and cons for This Book Is Alive!:
- I simply cannot express how much I love this book! This simple book has probably 250 words at most (I didn’t actually count, but I bet I’m close) and every word hit me in the gut. It is hard to even describe what this book is about. Suffice it to say, this book really is “alive” and is telling the reader what makes books so awesome, captivating and essential… along with how readers are awesome and special, too!
- This is geared toward children to encourage them to discover the wonder and joy of books, but I think this book would be a fantastic gift for any reader of any age. It really is that special.
- The font may be difficult for young readers.
- I wish it had more color! The book is presented in monotone sepia/brown/purple colors that I felt was a bit generic.
- The illustrations (by Daria Yudina) are super cute – there just aren’t enough of them in my opinion.
- The cover would never attract my attention on a bookshelf.
This is probably the shortest and weirdest review I’ve written to date. I really feel like I can’t tell you anything at all about the book other than it is uniquely special. You really need to read it for yourself. Also, even though I have more cons listed than pros in this particular review, the cons are so insignificant they barely register. This is a 5-star book for sure!
Click on my links (above or below) and check out this book on Amazon! The “Look Inside” feature will give you a brief glimpse into this book. I’m so glad I read it and I’m probably going to be gifting this book a lot this Christmas!
If you would like to read this book and form your own opinion, please consider purchasing through this link: Buy This Book Is Alive!. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thanks!
Click here for a description of my rating scale.
(image from Goodreads)