Primary Genre(s): Children’s Fiction, Picture Book
Published: 14 May 2018 by Rodney K Press
Page count: 19
My Format: eBook
Would I recommend it: Yes
Commission Link: Buy Cami Kangaroo Has Too Many Sweets
My rating: ★★★★☆
Cami Kangaroo loves sweets. In fact, she can’t stop thinking about them. Even after Mommy catches her eating from a bucket of ice cream, she still finds ways to sneak them. Will she ever be able to listen? Cami Kangaroo is funny, uplifting story about the importance of honesty and following the rules, even when you don’t want to.
First off, let me say that I haven’t disappeared. I’ve just had a lot of stuff going on and somehow reading has taken a backseat the past couple of weeks. I’m hoping to get back on track soon!
Today I am reviewing another children’s book. Here are my pros and cons for Cami Kangaroo Has Too Many Sweets:
- The illustrations by Rebecca Sinclair are really great.
- This book will be super relatable to most kids. Who doesn’t love sweets?!
- I liked that the mother spoke to Cami in a calm and focused manner when explaining why sneaking treats is wrong and eating too much sugar can be bad for your teeth.
- I also really loved that Cami didn’t listen to her mom and found out that too many sweets really can cause cavities! Sometimes we have to learn lessons the hard way and Cami does.
- There is a cute ending where Cami’s Dad and brother get caught sneaking treats, too!
- I wish the book would have mentioned other negative health consequences from eating too much sugar; however, based on the dedication at the beginning of the book, it appears that that author’s father is a dentist… so I at least understand the focus on teeth.
If you have a kiddo that sneaks the snacks, this might be a great book to try to curb that habit!
If you would like to read this book and form your own opinion, please consider purchasing through this link: Buy Cami Kangaroo Has Too Many Sweets. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thanks!
Click here for a description of my rating scale.
(image from Goodreads)