May was a great reading month for me, both in quality and quantity! I tried to really focus on making time for reading this past month and I feel like I was successful. It doesn’t hurt that I really enjoyed most of the books I read this month, also!! YEAH!
Now the details! Below you will find a summary of my May reading, upcoming books, and my reading stats so far this year.
Click on the links to read my full reviews.
- The Secrets of Love Story Bridge by Phaedra Patrick ★★★★☆
- The Night Swim by Megan Goldin ★★★★★
- Happily Ever After & Everything In Between by Debbie Tung ★★★★★
- Time for Bed’s Story by Monica Arnaldo ★★★★★
- Inventors: Incredible Stories of the World’s Most Ingenious Inventions by Robert Winston ★★★★★
- The Lady with the Books by Kathy Stinson ★★★★★
- This Is How I Lied by Heather Gudenkauf ★★★★★
- Backward Science by Clive Gifford ★★★★★
- Love Your Body by Jessica Sanders ★★★☆☆
- The Elephant’s Girl by Celesta Rimington ★★★★★
- Emmy Noether: The Most Important Mathematician You’ve Never Heard Of by Helaine Becker ★★★★☆
- Invisible Girl by Lisa Jewell ★★★★★
- A World Full of Dickens Stories by Angela McAllister ★★★★☆
- The Safe Place by Anna Downes ★★★☆☆
Finished Reading in May (reviews to be posted in June)
- In The Dark: The Science of What Happens at Night by Lisa Deresti Betik (ARC)
No DNFs this month!
- Lady Macbeth of Mtsensk by Nikolai Leskov – personal choice
- Subversive by Raena Rood – ARC/author request
- When I Met You by Olive Newport – ARC
Up Next in my Reading Queue
- The Essence of Darkness by Tom Clearlake – ARC
- The Apartment by K.L. Slater – ARC
- Nothing Can Hurt You by Nicola Maye Goldberg – ARC
- The Vacation by T.M. Logan – ARC
- Crossings by Alex Landragin – ARC
- Pale Morning Light with Violet Swan by Deborah Reed – ARC
I was able to read and review 11 ARCs in May; unfortunately several of them were new requests so I still haven’t made any real dent in my NetGalley shelf! I’m working on it though! I have one ARC I’ve read and need to write a review for and two ARCs I’m currently reading. So, if I can get through the six on this list above in June I think I will be in good shape!
2020 Readings Stats
As of May 31, 2020, I have read 51 of the 104 books I challenged myself to read this year. According to Goodreads, I am currently 9 books ahead of schedule… which means I was able to pick up the pace a bit this month (I was only 4 books ahead of schedule in April)!
That’s it for May!
HAPPY READING and THANKS FOR FOLLOWING ME!
You can find me at:
WordPress: Kayckay Book Reviews
(cover images from Goodreads)
2 thoughts on “May 2020 Reading Wrap-up! #BookBlog #BookReview #WrapUp”
I also really need to make more of a dent in my Netgalley shelf! I just have so many books I want to read and this unprecedented time has offered the best opportunity to read more!
jasmine | singprettyreadbooks.com
LikeLiked by 1 person
I just can’t keep “browsing” on NetGalley! There are so many great books and before I know it I’ve requested 10 new ones in no time! I need an intervention! 😂
LikeLiked by 1 person