Reading was slow in December… but that is okay. With the holidays and end of year work requirements and all of the shopping and wrapping and everything else that needs to get done, I am actually surprised I completed the reading I did! Compared to last month, where I posted 26 reviews (WOW!) this month I only have 10. But I think 10 is a good round number, don’t you?
Below you will find a summary of my December reading, upcoming books, and my reading stats for the year.
Click on the links to read my full reviews.
- The Dead Girls Club by Damien Angelica Walters ★★☆☆☆
- The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern ★★★☆☆
- Ellie, Engineer by Jackson Pearce ★★★★☆
- The House by Christina Lauren ★☆☆☆☆
- The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn ★★☆☆☆
- A Good Marriage by Stephen King ★★★☆☆
- The Gift of the Magi by O. Henry ★★★★★
- Whistling Dick’s Christmas Stocking by O. Henry ★★★☆☆
- Husband Material by Emily Belden ★★★★☆
- Things in Jars by Jess Kidd ★★☆☆☆
Currently Reading (reviews to be posted in January)
- Hubris Falls by Matthew S. Hiley (ARC – this book just isn’t moving off of my currently reading list – I can’t seem to finish it!)
- The Little Bookshop on the Seine by Rebecca Raisin (ARC/Blog Tour)
- The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
Up Next in the Reading Queue
- Girls with No Names by Serena Burdick (ARC)
- Behind Every Lie by Christina McDonald (ARC)
- The Unwilling by Kelly Braffet (ARC/Blog Tour)
- Ten Days Gone by Beverly Long (ARC)
I challenged myself to read 104 books this year and I actually read 136. I exceeded my goal!! I think I am going to keep my goal at 104 books again in 2020 – two books per week is a pretty good goal in my opinion. If I beat it again then that is just a bonus!
That’s it for December! I have a 2019 Year in Books summary posting tomorrow! There I will summarize all my 2019 books by star rating and let you in on my top 10 favorites for the past year!
HAPPY READING and THANKS FOR FOLLOWING ME!