What a great October! I went on my first vacation since 2011 and I think I needed that break more than I even realized! I didn’t read nearly as much as I anticipated while on vacation… and that is okay. The books were waiting for me when I got back. 🙂
Below you will find a summary of my October reading, upcoming books, and my stats so far this year.
Click on the links to read my full reviews.
- James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl ★★★☆☆
- Fortunately, the Milk by Neil Gaiman ★★★★★
- Rosemary’s Baby by Ira Levin ★★★☆☆
- The Fourteenth Goldfish by Jennifer L. Holm ★★☆☆☆
- Iliad: The Reboot by Keith Tokash ★★★★★
- The Unlikely Escape of Uriah Heep by H. G. Parry ★★★☆☆
- The Humiliations of Pipi McGee by Beth Vrabel ★★★☆☆
- Lost You by Haylen Beck ★★★★☆
- A Stir of Echoes by Richard Matheson ★★☆☆☆
- Cilka’s Journey by Heather Morris ★★★★☆
- The Widow of Rose House by Diana Biller ★★★☆☆
Currently Reading (reviews to be posted in November)
- The Whisper Man by Alex North
- The Ten Thousand Doors of January by Alix E. Harrow (ARC)
- Hubris Falls by Matthew S. Hiley (ARC)
Up Next in the Reading Queue (reviews also in November, hopefully)
- Carnegie Hill by Jonathan Vatner (ARC)
- I Will Make You Pay by Teresa Driscoll (ARC)
- The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell (ARC)
- Husband Material by Emily Belden (ARC/Blog Tour)
- The Dead Girls Club by Damien Angelica Walters (ARC)
As of October 31, I have read 99 of the 104 books I challenged myself to read this year. I am 13 books ahead of schedule and I will definitely exceed my goal. I am shooting for 125 now!
I will close by saying that my first blog anniversary is on November 28! I can’t believe I have been doing this for a year now! I’ve loved every minute!
That’s it for October!
HAPPY READING and THANKS FOR FOLLOWING ME!