Primary Genre(s): Children’s Chapter Book
Page count: 206
My Format: Kindle eBook
Pacing: Ideal for children
Would I recommend it: Absolutely
Commission Link: https://amzn.to/2YWERtD
My rating: ★★★★★
Top flying cadet, Ronaldo, and best friend, Rudi, embark on a superhero mission to help a lost wolf cub find her family.
This may seem like an odd book for me to review – at least it is greatly different from other books I have reviewed on my blog so far. However, I actually enjoy reading children’s books from time to time. Some of my favorite books are children’s and middle grade books! So when the author contacted me directly and asked if I would read this book and provide an honest review, I was happy to oblige. Here are my pros and cons:
- Themes in this story include friendship, overcoming fear/bravery, sacrifice and doing the right thing. These are such great topics for children to read and learn about! This story incorporated those themes within an enjoyable and cute narrative that I think any child would enjoy.
- I liked the colorful language – no, not what you are thinking! The scenes in the story were described clearly with vibrant colors that children would understand and be able to picture for themselves.
- The author was also the illustrator. The illustrations were amazing and they absolutely added to the enjoyment of the story. I’d also like to note that I personally think the number of illustrations was perfect. I think some illustrated children’s chapter books go overboard with illustrations. Part of the transition to chapter books, in my opinion, is for children to start using their own imagination and to picture the stories in their own minds. If there are too many illustrations then it is just another picture book. I think the author of this book struck a great balance between her incredible illustrations and the text.
- “Good friends make happy days brighter and problems lighter.” What a great sentiment for children… or really for anyone!
- After reading the story, children may want to try dipping their carrots in hot chocolate like Ronaldo does! There are several other silly things like this within the story that will likely make children laugh.
- There is really nothing to dislike about this story.
I would absolutely buy this book for my grandchildren. It is sweet, funny, and has a great message. I think this would be a great book for any child – but particularly readers in the 1st to 4th grade level if they are reading it for themselves. It has been a long time since I was that age, but I am confident I would have enjoyed this book then.
Thank you to the author, Maxine Sylvester, for providing an electronic copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
If you would like to read this book and form your own opinion, please consider purchasing through this link: https://amzn.to/2YWERtD. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. Thanks!