Synopsis from Goodreads
Evelyn Hardcastle will die. Every day until Aiden Bishop can identify her killer and break the cycle. But every time the day begins again, Aiden wakes up in the body of a different guest. And some of his hosts are more helpful than others…
Absolutely brilliant synopsis – concise, intriguing, and totally captivating. How can anyone read this synopsis and not want to read this book immediately??
I am not going to talk about plot details because that is best discovered for yourself as the reader. Instead, I guarantee I am going to ramble on for the next couple of paragraphs gushing over how much I loved this novel! Nope, I am not even going to write it in paragraphs – I’m using bullets and as many adjectives as I can think of!
- You WILL lose a lot of sleep because you absolutely cannot put this book down! I was completely drawn in from the very first paragraph and I didn’t want to/couldn’t stop reading from then on!
- This isn’t your typical murder mystery. The plotting is unbelievably complicated. I can’t even imagine storyboarding this! It is intricately layered, purposefully confusing, requires your absolute full attention and is wholly original.
- There are so many moving parts! You absolutely will not have a clue where you are being led and even when you get there you won’t be sure what is going on!
- More than once I felt like screaming “WHAT IS HAPPENING!!??!?” and that is not a criticism. This book was challenging and I loved every second of it!
- My personnel connection to Aiden was crazy. I found myself feeling like I was actually trying to help Aiden figure out what was going on rather than just reading a book. I felt personally involved. I’ve had emotional connections to book characters in the past, but this level of connection has never happened to me before. Whether the author intended that type of connection or not, it was brilliantly achieved.
- The ending was just phenomenal, creative, amazing, original, intelligent, complex… absolutely mind blowing! I could consult my thesaurus for other appropriate adjectives but you get the idea.
I’ve mentioned in previous reviews that I am an engineer. I notice details, I love puzzles, and I enjoy figuring things out. However, as a reader, my engineering background tends to ruin a lot of mystery novels for me because I often notice that one little tidbit of information that allows me to predict the ending. I can’t tell you how many mystery novels I have “figured out” before I finish the book. This book? Nope. Not a clue. We are led down so many paths that the reader, like Aiden, honestly has no idea what is happening until the perfect moment. Then suddenly everything makes sense. I cannot stress enough how much I appreciated this book because it challenged me like no other book has to date.
Do yourself a favor – get this book, block off a weekend, and read it in one go! I promise it will be one of the most uniquely challenging books you’ve ever read.
First published as The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle in the UK on Feb 8, 2018 by Raven Books.
My rating – 5 out of 5
If you are interested in purchasing this book please consider clicking the image below. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks!